The Christmas Offering
The Christmas Offering is a special opportunity to display justice and mercy in the New Year. Our goal is to raise $10,000 above and beyond our regular weekend giving in order to target the following initiatives:
- Provide Clean Sanitation for people in rural El Salvador
- Resourcing our Benevolence Fund so we can bear one another’s burdens throughout the year
Empowering the Marginalized
Our vision for renewal transcends our own church community and extends to all corners of our city. Every year the Christmas Offering funds the work of strategic partner organizations confronting injustice in our city. A portion of this year's offering will go to support ENLACE's work with clean sanitation in El Salvador
- Bad sanitation is one of the world's biggest killers. It affects women, children and the old and sick the most.
- 1.7 Million people die each year as a result of diarrhea. Every minute 3 children under the age of 5 die from dirty water.
- The risk of intestinal infections TRIPLES for those who don't have a latrine at home.
- 40% of the population in semi-rural and rural areas of El Salvador do not have access to latrines at home.
Our goal is to provide life-saving latrines and waste management education to 40 families in El Salvador.
Resourcing our Benevolence
One of the most practical ways we are able to be the church together is to bear one another’s burdens, stepping in to provide tangible help in times of need. Our Benevolence Fund is provides not only crisis care, but to offer ongoing support to individuals and families in our community who face long-term challenges such as underemployment or health issues.
- Living Expenses
- Medical Costs